RARIS – Regional Development Agency Eastern Serbia – established in 2007, as a bottom-up initiative by the Eastern Serbia stakeholders.
- Borders with Romania in the North, and with Bulgaria in the East;
- The total area - 7.130 km2 (8.1% of the total Serbian territory);
- - 2 Administrative Districts; one city, and 7 municipalities; 263 settlements;
- - Population: 242.000 (3.1% of the total population of Serbia).
Founders of RARIS:
- Municipalities of Majdanpek, Kladovo, Bor, Knjaževac, Boljevac, Negotin and Sokobanja, the City of Zaječar,
- Regional Chamber of Commerce Zaječar,
- Road Enterprise Zaječar,
- NGO “The Timok Club”,
- Faculty of Management Zaječar
Objective of RARIS is to support development initiatives based on institutional networking and partnerships aiming at sustainable development of Eastern Serbia.
RARIS team: experienced and committed staff, with a broad knowledge on territorial development, domestic and international context.
Pursuant to the Law on Regional Development, RARIS has been the first Accredited RDA in Serbia according to the Low on Regional Development since May 04th, 2011.